Okay, 2017 may not become “The Year of the Great American Bathroom” exactly, but there are plenty of reasons to focus on the shower as one of the most unique elements of of your new personal spa.
If you’ve been thinking about what to do to ramp up the appeal of your existing shower, here is a list of options to consider. Some of them are suitable for an “everyday” shower, while others are the stuff of dreams and special delights. But all of them are available to incorporate into a bath renovation.
Implement These Master Bathroom Shower Ideas
As you plan your bathroom redo, consider the following:
- Universal Design: The best idea for a new shower installation eliminates the step. Make your new shower up to date and more accessible, as well as easier to clean by doing away with the curb. This can take some careful planning so it is wise to call in a professional to inspect the drain and floor framing first.Enlarge the opening or leave off the door if the shower is large enough; add decorative stylish grab bars and a bench to make it even better. Adding safety and accessible features encourages “aging in place” or use by those with vision or mobility issues. It’s also a great way to add value to your home.
- Make yours a steam shower: This may be the ultimate “oasis” for a home spa. If you like to relax and unwind with relaxing steam, be sure to make your shower large enough accommodate a comfortable bench; go ahead and indulge yourself. It’s as therapeutic as a jetted tub.
- Add multiple shower heads and body sprays: The popularity of body sprays may have waned somewhat, but multiple adjustable shower heads not only improve shower function for more than one user, but also add a touch of luxury in your home spa.
- Be Flexible — and Let it Rain: If you like the feeling of raindrops falling on your head, you’ll love the idea of a rain head in addition to the standard wall mounted showerhead. For added convenience, add an adjustable shower wand on a slide bar, install dual heads on opposing walls, or opt for a combination of pulsating and normal sprays.
- Let the Light Shine In: You can bring natural light into your shower with a high window, sun tube or a skylight — or just add a sealed recessed ceiling-mounted fixture. Make sure there is an adequate exhaust fan nearby to eliminate possible condensation. You’ll love it!
- Go Futuristic: Rethink the look of the shower and make it a central feature of your bathroom! Transport to yourself to another universe with this round glass shower!
- Remove the Door: Doorless showers are popular, but they only make sense if you can contain the spray and splashes. If you appreciate the coziness of a warm shower, the modern look for shower doors is frameless and clear! Don’t hide your beautiful shower from view!
- Improve the View: Speaking of view, the shower can be a great place for hanging baskets or showing off tropical blooms. Living plants also breathe “life” into your bathroom. In warmer climates, a shower that opens to a private garden can provide you with your own personal Eden.
- Build in niches for soap and grooming aids: Yes, you can install cubbies in tile to hold everything from bars of soap to bottles of shampoo and exfoliating mitts, even towels. Measure the sizes you’ll need, and locate them so they’re convenient but away from the water’s direct path.
- Pipe in Sound and other personal favorites: These shower add-ons allow you to play your favorite music, answer your cell phone, add aromatherapy to your daily routine, or even to enjoy soothing changing colors while you cleanse your body.
Come to Us to Realize Your Bathroom Shower Ideas
For help with the perfect shower for your Chicagoland bathroom, call upon the trained design consultants at The Kitchen Master. We can schedule an appointment at our showroom or at your home. Contact us at your convenience. We have the capability to give you top-quality renovations.